Tuesday, September 13, 2011
From September 14 – 18, all roads lead to the SMX Convention Center as we celebrate the 2011 Manila International Book Fair. My family and I will be there, that’s for sure. We are self-confessed book worms and it’s going to be like a family trip to the candy store! And what makes that much-anticipated trip more exciting is the presence of our favorite bookstore at the MIBF - what else but OMF Literature!
The OMF Lit Bookshop booths can be found at Aisle D. Readers can enjoy 20% discounts while visitors with the I Read Postcard can avail of selected titles at 30% off. Postcards for free at any OMF Lit Bookshops in the Metro Manila area. Holders of Pastors’ Exclusive and Kaibigan card (I am!) can enjoy additional 10% discount. Moreover, there will also be a sale pile where more books are sold at outrageous discounted prices. And to give book readers outside of Manila a tasted of MIBF, all OMF Lit Bookshops in Pampanga, Cebu, Davao, Cagayan de Oro and Gen San City will also be on sale with all titles at 20% off! Now, isn’t that awesome?
Aside from these outrageous discounts, there will fun activities and events like a meet and greet with home-grown authors like: Joyce Piap Go, Francie Castaneda-Lacanilao and Grace Chong on September 14; Hiram Pangilinan and Gicky Soriano on September 16 and Ronald Molmisa on September 17.
Booklovers can also look forward to the launch of new titles from both homegrown and international authors. My daughter is seriously excited about one of their newest release entitled, Dopple Ganger Chronicles Vol 2: The Secret of Indigo Moon by G.P Taylor. It is a graphic novella featuring more adventures from twins Sadie and Saskia and their friend Eric. She was able to read the first book which was one of the prizes that I won in an OMF Lit contest early this year.
Speaking of contests and books as prizes, are you game for one? YES? Well, that’s good because I have one! I am giving away two books courtesy of OMF Literature. Thank you, OMF Lit!
The mechanics are very simple:
- This contest is for residents of the Philippines only.
- Leave a comment below telling me: If you are going to choose just one book for a very loooooong trip, what book would it be? (OK. I just want to know your MOST FAVORITE BOOK OF ALL TIME. :) You can also tell me why. Don’t be shy!)
- Increase your chances of winning by tweeting about this post through Twitter and blogging about this with a link to this entry.
- Remember to include OMF Literature’s website which is www.omflit.com in your post. You may also like them on Facebook (omfliterature) and follow them on Twitter (omflit).
- Do not forget to come back and leave a comment with your tweet/ blog post to earn additional entries.
- Winners will be selected using Random.org. Announcement will be on September 21, 2011. Cost of shipping of the prizes to the respective winners will be shouldered by my husband. Hahaha! Prizes at not convertible to cash.
- Not a blogger? No Twitter account? It’s OK! You can still join as long as you answer my question.
But wait. There’s more! Since September is our wedding anniversary month, I am going to give away ANOTHER book! That’s right! Three books are at stake so comment and post away! I can’t wait to read your answers!