Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Nobody wants to get sick. As much as possible, we all want to be healthy and disease free. But most often than not, there are a lot of things that we are doing unconsciously that can affect and deteriorate our health. Let us take a look at some of them:
- We all require 8 hours of sleep, but since the 24 hours and 7 days a week seems not to be enough to do all our duties, most of us don’t get to have a straight 8 hours sleep which is really important to maintain a healthy body. An 8-hour sleep is needed so your body can recuperate from all the day’s activities and so without it, your body will feel weak.
- With the abundance of ready to eat and microwaveable foods, most of us prefer to eat these kinds of foods instead of the all-natural and healthy home cooked meals. This ready to eat food is a real convenience since all that has to be done is pop it inside a microwave oven and in just a few minutes, dinner is served. But these foods contain a lot of harmful toxins that is bad for our health.
- Most of us have bad vices too like smoking and drinking which contribute to the death of good cells in our body.
- Since we live a very fast-paced life and with all the problems that we are facing because of the economic recession, most of us had made stress a daily part of our lives, which is also not good as it also contributes to the deterioration of the healthy cells in our body.
- The environment that we live in also plays a big part in maintaining good health and since our environment is already damage, we tend to be exposed to different kinds of pollution, which again is not good for our health.
These things can cause free radicals to attack our body. Free radicals are unstable molecules that attack our cells, which can cause health problems like stroke, cancer, ageing, Alzheimer’s disease, and more. Thankfully, a healthy lifestyle and a diet containing foods rich in antioxidants is all that is needed to fight these free radicals.
Antioxidants are the protectors of our body against these free radicals. They are the vitamins and minerals that prevent the free radicals from damaging our body and affecting our health. Foods that are rich in antioxidants includes:
- Fruits: Lemon and orange which are rich in Vitamin C; strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry which has anthocyanins; pineapple, apple, mango, etc.
- Vegetables: Green vegetables like cabbage which contains lutein; carrot, broccoli, and sweet potato which is rich in Vitamin A.
- Nuts: Walnuts and peanuts, which are rich in Vitamin E; dried fruits that have beta-carotene.
- Grains: millet, barley, corn, and oats
- Poultry, Sea Food and Meat, which contains selenium and zinc.
- Healthy Juice Supplements: Juice drinks made from the fruit acai berry are also a good source of antioxidants. Healthy juice drinks such as those manufactured by Monavie, contains the essential vitamins and minerals that our body needs to stay healthy. Monavie has their own processing plant in the rainforest of the Amazon so they were able to extract all the vitamins and minerals that the fruit acai berry contains, making their juice drinks a very healthy supplement if you want to get the daily dose of antioxidant that your body needs to successfully fight the free radicals that harm our body.
Staying healthy is a goal that is not difficult to attain if you start living a healthy lifestyle and maintaining a balance diet with foods that that are rich in antioxidants.